This healthy little side dish is EXCELLENT!
Sometimes I get a craving for it all on its own, and will make it for a quick and easy lunch at home. This dish is so versatile as a side, and it’s a great way to add some protein and veggies to any dinner!
Try pairing it with my Mashed Potato Bake with Mozzarella and Parmesan.
Together, these two recipes make one of my favorite meals!
This recipe doubles and triples very well. Make my Sautéed Garbonzo Beans and Spinach next time you need a healthy side, or a light lunch!
Sautéed Garbanzo Beans and Spinach
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp parsley, minced
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups fresh spinach
Cook the Garlic
- Add the olive oil and garlic to a medium sized skillet. Cook for about 1 minute over medium heat.
Add the garbonzo beans
- Now add the garbonzo beans, pepper, and ½ tsp of the sea salt to the skillet. Keep over medium heat, and fry for 7-10 minutes, until the liquid in the pan is mostly gone and the beans start to brown. Stir/flip the beans every so often as they fry to keep them from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Add the parsley
- Next, add the parsley, mix to incorporate, and turn the heat down to low.
Add the spinach
- Now add the spinach, two cups at a time. Add another two cups of spinach after the previous two cups have begun to wilt a bit.
- Keep this process going until you have added all six cups of spinach. You want the spinach to be cooked through, but not soggy. You should get to this point in about 3-5 minutes.
- At this point, taste the spinach and garbonzo beans. If needed, add the remaining ¼ tsp sea salt.
Add the Parmesan (if using) and serve!
- Turn off the heat, and sprinkle the parmesan over the top of the spinach and beans. Serve as a very healthy and versatile side dish!