Lentils with Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Parsley Tahini
This delicious and healthy meal will make you a lentil fan! Paired with roasted sweet potatoes and parsley tahini sauce, this dish redefines comfort food.
I’ve mentioned before what a fan of lentils I am.
Lentils are one of my very favorite foods. They may look humble, but lentils are delicious, filling, and packed with protein. And there’s something about the warm, earthy flavor of lentils that makes them a comfort food in my book.
I’m convinced more of us would be lentil fans if it was better known how easy they are to make, and what to pair them with.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Lentils: The Perfect Match
I absolutely love pairing lentils with potatoes and tahini sauce.
And these roasted sweet potatoes and parsley tahini sauce are two of my favorite things to serve with lentils.
The sweetness of the potatoes, and the slight caramelization that happens during roasting, is the perfect complement to the earthiness of the lentils.
Then you drizzle some creamy parsley tahini sauce on top of it all, and you’ve got a meal I’ll have second helpings of every time!
My Favorite Lentils
If you follow my easy instructions in the recipe card below, you’ll end up with perfect lentils every time. And if you use my favorite brand of lentils, they’ll turn out even better.
Yes, I actually have a favorite lentil brand. Palouse Brand is a 5th generation family-run, vertically integrated legumes and grains farm in Washington. I’m telling you, Palouse Brand lentils turn out perfectly every time: cooked through, and with that satisfying bite property prepared lentils should have.
You can find Palouse Brand lentils here on Amazon [aff. link].
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Lentils: A Healthy Weeknight Meal
Make my Lentils with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Parsley Tahini sauce for dinner this week! If this meal made my four year old a lentil fan–I wasn’t the only one going back for seconds!–then I’m sure it’s a dish the whole family will enjoy.
Lentils with Sweet Potatoes And Parsley Tahini Sauce
For the lentils:
- 1 ½ cups lentils, rinsed
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion salt
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the potatoes:
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and diced to ½ inch pieces (or use whatever potatoes you have on hand)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp onion salt
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp pepper
For the tahini sauce
- ½ cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
Cook the lentils
- To a large soup pot, add the rinsed lentils, water, garlic powder, onion salt, and olive oil.
- Turn the heat up to high, and bring the lentils to a boil.
- One boiling, bring the heat down to low, and let the lentils simmer for 45 minutes. The liquid should be mostly absorbed, and the lentils cooked through but not mushy.
- Now add the salt. Taste, and add additional salt if desired. Lentils are done!
- While the lentils cook, roast the sweet potatoes and make the creamy parsley tahini sauce.
Roast the sweet potatoes potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the sweet potatoes, seasonings, and olive oil on a standard-sized baking sheet.
- With your hands, toss the potatoes until the seasonings and olive oil evenly coat them.
- Roast the potatoes at 375 degrees for 17 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven, and flip them so a different side of each potato is face down on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet back in the oven, and roast the potatoes for an additional 17 minutes. Potatoes are done!
Make the parsley tahini sauce
- In a small bowl, add the tahini, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, lemon juice, and water.
- Whisk everything together with a fork until you have a creamy, smooth sauce (You can also do this in the food processor if you don’t want any texture from the garlic.)
- Tahini sauce is done!
Serve and enjoy!
- To each plate, add the lentils, sweet potatoes, and some greens. (I prefer spinach.) Drizzle the parsley tahini sauce over the top of everything and serve!
Recipes and Red Carpet, Directly to Your Inbox Weekly!
My Favorite Kitchen Find
Aren’t these little pink ramekins adorable? I use mine for making personal-sized desserts, like these cakelettes, as well as for prep work, and for storing food in the refrigerator. These are such a stylish addition to the kitchen! Click to view my favorite on Amazon
As Featured In...
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.